So, what is the Reading Room...
The Reading Room is like a book club, except you bring your own trauma recovery material to read, in session. Maybe it's a podcast, article, or online course related to trauma. That works.
It’s like a support group by encouraging one another to “do the work” of healing. You may be strangers, but you have something very important in common. #METOO BUT, you don't have to talk about it!
What about the meditation piece? Relaxation time? Each session will begin with a relaxation practice to help reset your nervous system (where all those experiences sit!).
Everyone wants relief.
We want life to work again or in ways it never has.
Chances are good you are tired of feeling alone.
#MeToo has helped us feel less isolated in general.
But, we need more.
Yes, there is "the unknown" of how it will go and you might not feel ready.
That's ok. It's a start. Avoid putting it off.
You are in the company of others who know the struggle.
"But, what will we DO?"
- 10 min Relax
- 40 min Read
- 40 min Share
"I think I'm ready."
- Practice 1 form of relaxation per session
- Bring your trauma recovery material (book, podcast, etc.)
- Share and gather resources
"How do I start?”
- You probably have more questions, let's have a quick chat by phone.
- Complete contact form below to let us know when and how to contact you.
- You'll complete paperwork online and receive the registration link.
- The first 6 members who register will be invited to attend each session. Waiting list provided.
Claire Horner, LPC
SaDohl Jones, Ph.D., LPC
Druid Pointe, 2751 Buford Highway
Atlanta GA 30324 – Suite 700 or 202
1:30pm – 3pm, every other Saturday